Habitation Door Failure

JohnCritch replied on 09/10/2017 13:30

Posted on 09/10/2017 13:30

Our Autotrailer Tracker EKS is two and a half years old and has suffered three failures of the habitation door which could not be opened from outside. The last repair was not covered by the warranty despite being less than three years old. Apparently a piece of plastic in the door catch breaks. Has anybody had anything similar and why don’t Autotrail cover door failures within the three year warranty? The only access to the van was through the front door which spoilt three holidays and we dreaded locking ourselves out!

HOTORMOMER replied on 08/11/2017 12:41

Posted on 08/11/2017 12:41

I have an Autotrail Imala about the same age (15 reg.) I know it's not exactly the same as your Tracker, but I wouldn't mind betting that the door lock is the same. I had a problem with the hab. door thinking that I  had pushed the small locking lever inside when I went out to the washing-up area straight after breakfast with the temperature about 10 degrees and couldn't get back in! All the keys , phones, money and warm clothing were locked inside. After a 3 hour wait a locksmith let us in through the drivers door - in about 10 seconds (£85) and I realised that the locking lever had not been pushed down. This happened again the next day but with the front doors unlocked, and I checked the 2 'plates' on the door frame and re-aligned then as they seemed to have moved and were not engaging with the pins on the door properly. That was a week or so ago and all seems to be ok now but I will have to keep an eye on it. Have you resolved your problem since your last post? if so would be interested to know how.

KeithandMargaret replied on 08/11/2017 13:59

Posted on 08/11/2017 13:59

Could I suggest, if you haven't done already, is to post this on the Out and About Live free Forums.

They have a few similar questions about the door problem.

Apparently a 'lot' of grease keeps the mechanism working but the new doors arrive from the manufacturer with none or a minimum of lubricant.

There seem to have been quite a few problems and complaints over the years but, as with most Motorhome/Caravan manufacturers, they don't seem capable of giving a problem free vehicle to the buyer.

forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook