Great Sadness.....

fatbelly replied on 01/10/2018 10:31

Posted on 01/10/2018 10:31

Its with great sadness that we have to sell our Motorhome, its down to a change in my Wife's health & nothing can be done. Our MH is only 18 months old & we bought it from new last year.

The reason I'm posting is to ask where is the best place to sell our MH? Also is there a book or online resource that we could check to see what is a fair price to put it up for sale for?

peedee replied on 01/10/2018 10:43

Posted on 01/10/2018 10:43

Sorry to read of your sadness FB but ill health/infirmity happens to us all sooner or later. I dread it happening to me. Cannot help you very much and can only suggest you try every avenue possible.

peedee

JollyKernow replied on 01/10/2018 10:43

Posted on 01/10/2018 10:43

Hi 

That's tough luck. The motorhome section of Autotrader is a good place to start. I've sold many a motorcycle using their website.

Your supplying dealer might take it back but will offer you peanuts. Good Luck

JK

ocsid replied on 01/10/2018 11:02

Posted on 01/10/2018 11:02

As a subscriber to the motor home monthly MMM I would point out that contains a lot of trade and private adverts. From this IMO you might get a "feel" for selling values and could place an advert that is well targeted at an interested market.

moulesy replied on 01/10/2018 11:05

Posted on 01/10/2018 11:05

Sorry to hear that, FB. It's disappointing but family health must come first.

You might be able to get an indication of price for your MH by looking online or in the club magazine for traders selling a similar MH to yours, or failing that go back to your dealer for a valuation and then try to sell it privately for 30% to 50% more - seems to work for cars!

Good luck.

Bakers2 replied on 01/10/2018 11:24

Posted on 01/10/2018 11:24

I'm so sorry to read about your wife's change of health. Not an easy time all round 😢😢. I do hope you manage to sell your motorhome quickly without too great a  financial loss, so that you can concentrate fully on what's important.

Such a shame we can't discuss on this thread, I have no suggestions on where to sell, but it would be nice to know previous owners when you're looking to replace 😉

Thoughts are with you. Please stay in touch, we can't do much but can offer a brief diversion 😉

Tinwheeler replied on 01/10/2018 11:29

Posted on 01/10/2018 11:29

Sorry to hear that, FB. 

Some forums for particular brand ownership allow advertising of MHs for sale/wanted. 

Research around the Internet will give you a feel of selling prices. Try sides such as Caravanfinder or Autotrader. 

DavidKlyne replied on 01/10/2018 13:26

Posted on 01/10/2018 13:26

FB

Are you a member of the Bailey Motorhome Owners Group on Facebook? They allow units to be advertised and there are often people on the look out to buy a Bailey motorhome who are members.

David

brue replied on 01/10/2018 13:55

Posted on 01/10/2018 13:55

Sorry to hear your news FB, I agree with the suggestions on here. One thing about M/Hs, they hold their value quite well (minus the original VAT) so good luck with your sale. If you get stuck a brokership deal will solve further problems, a dealer will sell it on for you for an agreed fee and price.

Thornsett replied on 02/10/2018 16:17

Posted on 02/10/2018 16:17

This thread below is worth a read. The original poster was quite clear that he did not want any hassle in selling up. This made it easier to identify the right course of action. So the first point to consider is what are your priorities when it comes to selling up.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Selling-up-regrettably-but-what-s-a-reasonable-dealer-s-margin-/50173/

Selling to a reputable dealer is the easiest way but the return is likely to be lowest. Selling through a motor factor carries risks but you will stand a better chance of getting a better figure than from a dealer. Selling privately will get you the best price but you have to work at it.

A fair price has too many variables in a small motorhome market. Best I can suggest you trawl to see what prices are going for a similar van.

JayOutdoors replied on 03/10/2018 10:34

Posted on 03/10/2018 10:34

Sorry to read of your wife’s ill health.  Bear in mind if you sell via a 3rd party (dealer/agent etc) and they take it onto their premises ensure you inform your insurance and that it is insured whilst there either by your own or their insurance.  Good luck

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook