Getting water if not staying on the site

ajtyorks replied on 18/09/2017 17:50

Posted on 18/09/2017 17:50

Hi - would it be ethical to pull on to a site and fill up water carriers if you are not actually staying on the site? (as a member obviously!) Does anyone know if the sites are on meters?

The reason I ask is we have a large group of walkers doing the 3 Peaks and we will need to refill their water bottles. I wondered if I could use taps on sites?

I suppose I could ring a few and see what they say - it is a charity walk and they could get some publicity out of it. I just wondered what other members would think.

replied on 18/09/2017 17:54

Posted on 18/09/2017 17:54

I think that as it is a charity walk I would contact the club

Randomcamper replied on 18/09/2017 18:30

Posted on 18/09/2017 18:30

The subject of members who are not actually staying on site but want to call in for water etc has been widely covered on here recently and is not actually allowed but your case is worth running past the warden of the site you have in mind.......

But if you are doing the 3 peaks can you not just fill them at a Motorway Services as you pass...?

N1805 replied on 18/09/2017 19:45

Posted on 18/09/2017 19:45

IMHO Head Office not wardens would be best able to answer your queries via phone or email.  Good Luck.

ajtyorks replied on 22/09/2017 23:48

Posted on 22/09/2017 23:48

Thanks all, yes I will seek further guidance, but glad no one was outraged by the suggestion ☺ I will also follow up on other posts.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/09/2017 11:17

Posted on 23/09/2017 11:17

Would it not be easier just to go to the local supermarket and buy as many small bottles of water as you think you will need. These could then be handed out to walkers as required and it would save you a lot of messing around with refilling bottles. It would also mean that you had a bit more flexibility where you parked. By all means contact the Club (as suggested direct) as they might be able to help.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook