Fiat Ducato X250 fails MOT on ODD headlamps

LittleMo replied on 14/04/2012 16:59

Posted on 14/04/2012 16:59

I just took my Fiat Ducato X2/50 Autotrail Mohican SE for it’s first MOT and was amazed when it failed on the headlamps. Apparently one of the headlamps is for a right hand drive UK vehicle (which mine is) and the other is for a left hand drive EU vehicle. This is of course a failure. The MOT centre said they have seen more cases than this one, so it would seem there may be many Ducatos with the wrong headlights. I would like to urge Fiat Ducato X2/50 owners to get their headlamps checked. It is quite simple to check yourself if you shine your headlamps onto a wall and check the pattern, UK headlamps have a flat edge at the right side with a kick up to the left to illuminate the side of the road and EU headlamps a flat on the left side with a kick up to the right. If you have two EU headlamps, it would be OK to fit beam deflectors, but you can’t have one of each.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook