Fiat Ducato Motorhome Vehicle Battery

peedee replied on 12/03/2020 07:10

Posted on 12/03/2020 07:10

Impossible to say, some models do and some don't. It might help if you communicate what model motorhome you have. Those that don't can be retrofitted quite simple with a battery to battery charger.

If you have a voltmeter you should be able to check by checking the voltage across the engine battery both with a hook up and without. I would expect to see a larger voltage across the battery with the hook up.

peedee

young thomas replied on 12/03/2020 15:32

Posted on 12/03/2020 15:32

Carado MHs are made by Hymer and will probably have the same electronics....a Schaudt Electroblok EBL...

in which case it will (almost certainly) charge all batteries when on EHU...

acid test, as Peedee says....use a voltmeter...

while at it....you could test the same for the solar panel, if fitted. 

Martatin replied on 13/03/2020 20:17

Posted on 13/03/2020 20:17

Thanks Pedee and BoleroBoy. Now ploughed my way through instruction manual and found "both batteries automatically charged by charger module on the transformer/rectifier when connected to 230V power supply. The starter battery is only charged with a float charge." Sounds OK to me was just worried if used vehicle radio on site for few days might drain battery. (no solar panels)

Thanks again

KeithandMargaret replied on 15/03/2020 10:06

Posted on 15/03/2020 10:06

If you haven't got a Solar panel then I would fit the largest Solar panel you could afford, make sure there's enough roof space to fit it, and almost all power supply problems will disappear.
You'll save a fortune by not needing EHU when away, or at home, and can park virtually anywhere without having to seek out a Site with hook-up.
A solar panel is probably the best long term investment I have made.
Having at least two compatible leisure batteries, a Solar panel, a refillable gas system, on-board toilet and shower facilities and with that lot the World is literally your Lobster.
Most of the places we've stayed in France overnight have no power supply but that has never worried us.
If you have the time have as browse of the Aires we've visited, most without an electrical supply, over the years - www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook