Fiat Ducato gearbox

ScreenName771362134F replied on 13/07/2021 15:59

Posted on 13/07/2021 15:59

Hello,

We have recently purchased a Bessacarr E495, and believe that we need to change/repair the gearbox. There appear to be a very limited number of companies that do this kind of work near us (we live near Kingston upon Thames). The only two I have found are Hardy Engineering and UKGearbox (in Romford, Essex).

Has anyone any experience of either company, or has used another one in the area?

Thanks

Justin

ScreenName771362134F replied on 13/07/2021 19:54

Posted on 13/07/2021 19:54

Tinwheeler, thanks for the reply. We actually like our van, and never had a vehicle that did not require work at some stage. I am a member of a FD forum and have asked the same question. Not that many people have had problems, and none in the SE, hence asking here.

Tinwheeler replied on 13/07/2021 20:15

Posted on 13/07/2021 20:15

My thoughts were that it's a Fiat issue rather than a problem with the conversion so, logically, a forum dealing with the base vehicle would be likely to throw up more suggestions for repairers……I thought. Sorry, can’t help further than that suggestion.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook