Fiat Ducato 2013 nightmare

mcclegend replied on 26/10/2022 01:52

Posted on 26/10/2022 01:52

In June the MH 2013 swift on a Ducato was due a mot, I started it up that morning and ran lumpy rev’d very sluggish. Under load it cut out and died instantly.

got it recovered to the garage where it was booked in for an mot, only garage in a 10 mile radius that will take anything bigger than a car.  After a few days said it was the injectors,  so 12 weeks later and £2000 lighter the injectors replaced no change, insist it’s the ecu and have been in touch with Fiat main dealer and it has to go there as it needs a new injector ecu and main ecu needs paired injector ecu.

had it recovered from this garage to Fiat main dealer it’s taken 8 weeks now and they just managed to connect to it, they have said there is no problem with the ecu but aren’t willing to go deeper.  im ringing round now trying to find another garage to get it moved to as the main dealer want it gone, even tho it feels like they have wasted 8 weeks of my time.

does any one know a good garage in the Cumbria area that will look at a motor home.

my feelings for Fiat can’t be expressed in words at the moment I’m so mad.

in total we have been without the motor home for 20 weeks the entire summer holidays ruined, had to cancel 4 trips away so far, half term now and still without it.

GEandGJE replied on 27/10/2022 17:49

Posted on 27/10/2022 10:31 by cyberyacht

Sometimes one wonders whether all this electronic wizardry is worth the hassle. Vehicles these days seem too clever for their own good. Gone are the days when someone with a bit of common sense could troubleshoot problems and get themselves back on the road without massive bills for replacement of circuit boards and sundry gizmos that one often suspects weren't the actual problem to begin with. One almost hankers for the days when a bit of fine emery cloth and a cigarette paper was all that was required to solve ignition problems.

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:49

Any life saved by the introduction of air bags, anti lock braking etc is worth any hassle in my book.

Kasspa replied on 28/10/2022 11:36

Posted on 27/10/2022 14:52 by

What is an EHIC check?

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:36

Ooops!

Sorry, EICR - electrical insulation check report.... evidently NCC recommend one of these every 3 years.....

replied on 28/10/2022 11:51

Posted on 28/10/2022 11:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 28/10/2022 12:33

Posted on 27/10/2022 17:49 by GEandGJE

Any life saved by the introduction of air bags, anti lock braking etc is worth any hassle in my book.

Posted on 28/10/2022 12:33

Except it also makes for a less aware driver? of the vehicles. so fitted,  that are now cacooned in their own  "safer"?little worldundecidedsurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook