Fiat Ducato 2007 headlight water/dust/condensation

Kites Delight replied on 20/08/2016 11:00

Posted on 20/08/2016 11:00

After trying to puzzle out why the nearside headlight in our, new to us, 2007 Fiat Ducato ace Airstream M/H is suffering from condensation, dust and deceased 'Daddy Long Legs' flies, I have discovered that the rear cover is missing from the head light. 

Thinking that this could be the cause of our woes I have tried to get a replacement only to find that this is not available to buy. I have tried all avenues so wondered if anyone has any idea of a way of overcoming this little difficulty!.  Being quite 'long in the tooth' now and not long into motorhoming, it is all a learning curve for us so all ideas will be considered if it means not having to replace the whole headlight!

huskydog replied on 20/08/2016 12:15

Posted on 20/08/2016 12:15

Have you tried an accident repair center near to you to see if they have a broken lamp, they might give you the cover for a donation to their "tea fund" 

Kites Delight replied on 20/08/2016 12:54

Posted on 20/08/2016 12:54

I live in the wilds of west Wales so do not have this kind of place readily available although I have tried to 'phone any I can find listed anywhere and I have joined up to several online 'breakers'  who offer extensive network searches over the whole country but, so far, with no luck.  Even ebay has failed to come up with anything and all the dealers I have approached seem to think it is an impossible ask.  My only hope seems to be a 'private' person who might have one 'lying in the shed' from when they replaced a headlight after experiencing the same  problem as mine.

Kites Delight replied on 20/08/2016 13:21

Posted on 20/08/2016 13:21

Thanks for that. There is no answer to the phone so I have emailed and will wait to see if anything comes off. Cheers

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook