Electroblock Solar Charge Regulator

Matt73 replied on 08/11/2020 10:34

Posted on 08/11/2020 10:34

Morning All,

Possibly a stupid question, but here goes...

My commanding officer and I are in the process of buying a Burstner TD Harmony with the Elektroblock Transformer/Rectifier. I’m reading about switching off the 12v panel when the van is temporarily parked up for a few days, (I get that, same as the caravan we had), but the handbook also states to disconnect the leisure battery via a battery cut off switch on the Electroblok during long periods of storage. Also fine, I understand the principle because some of the consumers still use power even with the 12v panel switched off.

However, if I disconnect the battery this way will this also disconnect the solar regulator (which runs via the Electroblok), therefore stopping the solar panel keeping the leisure battery topped up ?, or does some auto electric witchcraft keep the solar panel charging ?

I obviously want to keep the leisure battery at an optimum. Also, if the solar panel does disconnect , will any harm come to it if it has nowhere to send the charge to ?.

Any clarity greatly appreciated. 

Matt

TimJim replied on 10/02/2021 12:54

Posted on 10/02/2021 12:54

If you switch off the 12v with a single short press it does not disconnect the solar regulator the step power and usually an entrance light and the fridge. 

A long press ,10 seconds or so followed by a flashing Off on the display turns off everything except the solar regulator. Your leisure battery or batterys will still be getting charged sunlight permitting. That's how my Ixeo with the same electroblock works.

Tj

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook