Electrical conundrum!

fisjon replied on 30/10/2017 16:23

Posted on 30/10/2017 16:23

Hi everyone, 

This is my first post and I'm just hoping that there is an electrician amongst the members that may have a solution to my problem.

I have a Sprinter conversion with a Bonus PMS3 power Management system fitted. 99% of the time it works fine, but occasionally it refuses to supply 12 volt power. When I check the input from the battery it reads 12.65volts input on average, when I switch the unit on the input voltage drops to about 3volts. Strange!

If I leave it off for about 15 minutes and then retry it, it works. I have changed the unit on the warranty on the assumption that the unit was faulty but it looks like the fault is onboard the vehicle.

Any ideas would be helpful.

thanks

replied on 30/10/2017 16:48

Posted on 30/10/2017 16:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

fisjon replied on 30/10/2017 16:56

Posted on 30/10/2017 16:56

Hi Dorset Driver,

Interesting that you should say that because when I took the van to the company that supplied the unit they said the same thing. Then they tightened everything up and said all good. Took it home and the same thing happened again a week later. Took it back and they changed the unit. (lots of mileage involved)

It is a new battery and connections, so all clean and tight, but I will check all earths on the van just in case.

Thanks

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook