Elddis Autoquest model 115 2 berth

Elsa replied on 09/11/2017 10:53

Posted on 09/11/2017 10:53

Hi, have been looking at other M/H at Dealer, but we can get a new one for the same price as the second model, But do wonder if Auto Trail ect are better build?

The model we look on computer look good made by Elddis Autoquest 115 2 berth,Have you one of those, any good /bad point, Thanks Elsa

Randomcamper replied on 09/11/2017 14:08

Posted on 09/11/2017 14:08

Elsa,

I was in exactly the same boat as you 5 years ago.  Looked around at a dozen or so secondhand vans at around the £30k mark.  I wasn't happy with the condition of them or the lack of service history or infrequent servicing, and I wouldn't normally buy a second hand toilet, bed or kitchen anyway so I scraped together another £2k and found a new 115 for £32k. They've gone up in price now though.....

I was very pleased with it and had absolutely no problems or faults with it.

I was offered a good p/x price on it last year and have now swapped it for a larger Autotrail. The lounge in the 115 makes a very large double transversely, but we prefer (except on treat night wink) two singles, and even with the cab seats turned round they werent quite long enough for me, I'm 6'2". The Autotrail we now have has massive beds. I would say the Auto trail is slightly better built and equipped, but as with everything in life, have a look at it and see if it suits you.

Someone will be along in a minute to say that an 8 year old Hymer (or whatever)  is even better built (it probably is) but make your own mind up if you want 8 year old mechanical bits etc.

If I ever shrink, I would happily buy another 115...!

TheSearles replied on 09/11/2017 17:00

Posted on 09/11/2017 17:00

Hi,

We have had the Marquis version of the 115 for six months.  We chose the dealer model becuase of all the addons and value for money.  When we bought it, it had 3500 miles on the clock. We have added another 1250 miles so far.  Becuase of other committments we have only been away in it for four days at a time, but have done so every month. 

So far so good, we have had no problems at all (fingers crossed) and we are very pleased with it. I am 5'11" and we sleep across the room window to window and have found it surprisingly comfortable. Very comfortable actually.

We were advised that living space during the day is important if we want to buy something small and I think that was good advice.  Putting the bed up in the evening is a bit of a faff, but it usually makes us laugh and takes about 5 minutes or less including fitting sheets etc.

I must add that I have seen quite a bit of criticism of Marquis, and I guess it varies between locations, but Tewkesbury have been very good. They are always happy to offer advice and before purchase made really good suggestions about what to look for, these weren't necessarily in their best interests.

cyberyacht replied on 09/11/2017 17:32

Posted on 09/11/2017 17:32

The Marquis versions of the Elddis are better specced. I've got a 125 which, although bought second-hand, had a number of goodies missing from the basic model, most of which I regarded as essential anyway.

Tinwheeler replied on 09/11/2017 19:25

Posted on 09/11/2017 19:25

"I must add that I have seen quite a bit of criticism of Marquis...."

There’s one good thing I can say about Marquis - their complimentary umbrellas are superb.👍🏻

MichaelT replied on 10/11/2017 12:57

Posted on 09/11/2017 19:25 by Tinwheeler

"I must add that I have seen quite a bit of criticism of Marquis...."

There’s one good thing I can say about Marquis - their complimentary umbrellas are superb.👍🏻

Posted on 10/11/2017 12:57

Are you saying you need an umbrella inside one of their vans TWsurprised

Tinwheeler replied on 10/11/2017 17:17

Posted on 10/11/2017 12:57 by MichaelT

Are you saying you need an umbrella inside one of their vans TWsurprised

Posted on 10/11/2017 17:17

Not necessarily, MT, but the brolly is probably the best thing to come off their premises. laughing

young thomas replied on 10/11/2017 17:43

Posted on 10/11/2017 17:17 by Tinwheeler

Not necessarily, MT, but the brolly is probably the best thing to come off their premises. laughing

Posted on 10/11/2017 17:43

so.....

a) is your van still therewink

b) is the brolly better than your vanfrown

c) you didnt buy your van at Marquisembarassed

d) otherundecided

Tinwheeler replied on 10/11/2017 18:00

Posted on 10/11/2017 17:43 by young thomas

so.....

a) is your van still therewink

b) is the brolly better than your vanfrown

c) you didnt buy your van at Marquisembarassed

d) otherundecided

Posted on 10/11/2017 18:00

a) collected it (again) today surprised

b) very probably cool

c) 'fraid so frown

d) the brolly doesn’t suffer from build quality issues, lack of adequate PDI, or need customer care training. Sadly, Marquis is the closest dealer to home and, in reality, probably no worse than anyone else. undecided

Hallsontour replied on 10/11/2017 21:54

Posted on 10/11/2017 21:54

A couple of years ago we had the same choice and decided to spend a few extra pounds and buy new purchasing a Marquis (Elddis) 155.

In general we've been really happy with our purchase. Yes they might not be the strongest or best make but we got a brand new base van, and for what we can get away, the Elddis is great value for the money paid. I also think we're lucky that our local Marquis, Durham, sounds to be be one of the better branches. The staff in there are great and work hard to give good customer service....within the limits of a terrible industry in general.

We have no regrets buying Elddis, and so far would happily buy again.

Good luck, and have fun choosing!

young thomas replied on 11/11/2017 09:03

Posted on 10/11/2017 18:00 by Tinwheeler

a) collected it (again) today surprised

b) very probably cool

c) 'fraid so frown

d) the brolly doesn’t suffer from build quality issues, lack of adequate PDI, or need customer care training. Sadly, Marquis is the closest dealer to home and, in reality, probably no worse than anyone else. undecided

Posted on 11/11/2017 09:03

well, good luck TW, hope you're back on track and able to enjoy it....smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook