Elddis autoquest 196 tyre pressure

dougA replied on 15/10/2017 21:06

Posted on 15/10/2017 21:06

Can anybody advise the correct tyre pressure for my Peugeot/Elddis Autoquest 196.

The elddis manual recomends running 72 psi (front) and 79 psi (rear) but today on a “A” road it Felt as if the pressures were too hard.

jellybelly replied on 23/04/2018 22:33

Posted on 23/04/2018 22:33

Quite a conundrum tyre pressures. I find it confusing and surprised manufacturers appear simply to offer up the maximum for the benefit of doubt I guess!

My 2018 Elddis accordo 135 indicates the same pressures as the much larger sibling Autoquest 185 for example, the Accordo with a 3300 Kg chassis and latterly 3500 Kg in the case of the Autoquest! So why would you expect the lower specification chassis to have an identical seemingly exaggerated pressure, the ride is awful in my view!

Whilst I haven't ventured to the weighbridge as yet, I'm more concerned should I reduce/experiment with lower pressures how will the law view the matter?

I suspect a few lbs won't matter, as my van includes calibrated TPS, I may well find my efforts thwarted in any event.....

I'm surprised a standard isn't in place for what is a very important matter, rant over.......undecided

cyberyacht replied on 24/04/2018 06:05

Posted on 24/04/2018 06:05

The TPMS on my Majestic nags incessantly unless the tyres are at rock hard pressures. Recalibration is, I understand, expensive and also likely to cause consternation at Peugeot dealers as there seems little documentation on the issue.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook