Ducato 2017 EU6 Dipstick

lonewheeler replied on 19/08/2018 09:57

Posted on 19/08/2018 09:57

Hi

I have an Auto-Trail Tribute 615 Ducato 2.3 litre EU6 Engine 2017 model. There is no picture of the oil dipstick in the manual. I have logically assumed that the narrow section which starts at 25mm from the end and terminates at about 53mm is the fill and full levels. Is my assumption correct? 

The manual does state that the difference is 1 litre of top up. Am I also right to assume that if the oil level is somewhere within the 2 marks then it is safe to drive, or should it always be topped up to the full line?

JollyKernow replied on 19/08/2018 10:37

Posted on 19/08/2018 10:37

Hi

On my boxer, when you turn on the ignition you get a display regarding the oil level, there's a row of orange dots from left to right. You are correct about the dipstick also.

I've done 24k so far and have never needed to add oil.

JK

Randomcamper replied on 19/08/2018 15:11

Posted on 19/08/2018 15:11

My 2016 Ducato Euro 5+ handbook is the same, no actual picture of the dipstick, but how you describe it sounds correct, it's how I interpret mine......

Having OCD, I keep mine topped up to immediately below the "full" mark, but I think that's only ever been a tea cup full of oil......

Did you choose an A frame by the way....?  Have you had an outing with it yet.....?

lonewheeler replied on 12/11/2018 19:45

Posted on 19/08/2018 15:11 by Randomcamper

My 2016 Ducato Euro 5+ handbook is the same, no actual picture of the dipstick, but how you describe it sounds correct, it's how I interpret mine......

Having OCD, I keep mine topped up to immediately below the "full" mark, but I think that's only ever been a tea cup full of oil......

Did you choose an A frame by the way....?  Have you had an outing with it yet.....?

Posted on 12/11/2018 19:45

No not yet but we are still considering it for next year. Either that or purchase a van conversion to enable easier parking. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook