DRL installation in Ayrshire/Glasgow area

dougA replied on 30/09/2017 23:02

Posted on 30/09/2017 23:02

I have DRL (day time running lights) that I need installed to my Peugeot Boxer. Can anyone recommend a mobile auto electrician near me (East Ayrshire) or possibly a garage That could acomodate a 7.4 Mtr motorhome.

thanks

dougA replied on 01/10/2017 14:17

Posted on 01/10/2017 14:17

Thanks Wex I’ll give the Ayr ones  a call first 👍

Hi MollysMummy, I think the same but the Peugeot has the cut outs already there for the  drl’s so hopefully they look part of the vehicle 🤔

Randomcamper replied on 01/10/2017 16:51

Posted on 01/10/2017 16:51

The Ledcom ones are fairly easy to fit yourself, the instructions are comprehensive, I have fitted both types to my vans (different vans, not both to the same van), the top type that fit in the bumper "step" and the lower type that fit in the fog light knockouts.....the only problen being that the bottom ones are too big for the knockouts, you have to use a holesaw. It takes a lot of courage to approach the bumper of a £40k van with your drill whirring!

Of the two I prefer the bottom (round) type, they seem brighter and with a wider spectrum.

I guess if you have both you will certainly be seen!

dougA replied on 02/10/2017 18:45

Posted on 02/10/2017 18:45

Thanks Tintent115 for the feedback on both dlr’s, I’m  not too good at diy ha ha so ill leave it to the professionals.

i contacted BC motorhome and they don’t touch the chassis part of the MH.

i have booked it in to my local Peugeot dealer to have them fitted then I know it should be fitted correctly and no hassle in the future when in for service/ mot etc.

thanks again all for your advice and I’ll post a picture once completed on Friday 👍

dougA replied on 06/10/2017 15:55

Posted on 30/09/2017 23:02 by dougA

I have DRL (day time running lights) that I need installed to my Peugeot Boxer. Can anyone recommend a mobile auto electrician near me (East Ayrshire) or possibly a garage That could acomodate a 7.4 Mtr motorhome.

thanks

Posted on 06/10/2017 15:55

New drl’s fitted today and well pleased. 

dougA replied on 06/10/2017 18:02

Posted on 30/09/2017 23:02 by dougA

thanks

Posted on 06/10/2017 18:02

Wow never noticed how much the mirrors stick out🤔 although they are brill, can see everything 😀

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook