Dometic Fridge RM4320

dnhb replied on 06/09/2021 21:22

Posted on 06/09/2021 21:22

The green on-off rocker switch on my Dometic Fridge has disintegrated leaving just the housing containing two contacts visible.  I have a replacement to insert but before starting to fiddle around - nearby local Motorhome dealers are up to their eyeballs in work - it seemed sensible to ask if anyone in the Club knew how to go about doing this. All advice greatly received - even if limited to what not to do!

EmilysDad replied on 07/09/2021 00:02

Posted on 07/09/2021 00:02

I'd have thought that if it's just an on / off switch there'd be minimal wiring to the back of it ... probably just switching the live, so just 2 wires on the back. Pull the old switch and swap each & any wires 1 at a time.

dnhb replied on 11/09/2021 12:56

Posted on 11/09/2021 12:56

Thanks, ED: I found that the trick was to get to the back of the fridge through the external ventilation grill opening in order to push the wiring towards the front of the fridge to avoid the spade connectors coming off the switch terminals (there were actually 4) - if they had come off there'd have been no way of being sure how to connect up the new switch in the right way and the switch was for the 230v hook up connection !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook