Dethleffs Trend: Noisy rain dripping

Reg and Vera replied on 09/10/2015 16:42

Posted on 09/10/2015 16:42

Sad Hi, we have a Dethleffs Trend T6617 and when it rains the rain drips of either side of the upper bike carrier strip onto the back bumper.  Sounds minor but noise is incredibly loud (we have 2 single beds at the back) and it is like chinese torture.  Would appreciate any ideas or if anyone has already solved this problem.  We did buy a drip strip but the ridge down the corners of the motorhome do not make fitting it easy and we gave up in frustration.

Nikko1306 replied on 14/10/2018 13:54

Posted on 14/10/2018 13:54

I wonder whether and how you resolved this problem.  We bought a similar Dethleffs, before we read your query!  After a dry trip we went to the Lake District and had sleepless nights.  Could you send me a photo of the solution as I want the Dethleffs dealer to fix this under warranty. Thanks. Nikolas.waller@gmail.com

JillwithaJay replied on 14/10/2018 14:16

Posted on 14/10/2018 14:16

Hi nikko - as this post is three years old and the OP hasn't posted anything since, I doubt very much that you'll receive any response to your request from this poster.

Maybe somebody else might have an answer.

Navigateur replied on 14/10/2018 14:43

Posted on 14/10/2018 14:43

I have found it is not worth the effort to stop drips - much simpler to soften whatever it is they land upon.

jspur replied on 06/05/2019 19:44

Posted on 06/05/2019 19:44

Regards and Vera,

don’t know if you are still reading this, but your discussion topic has been a lifesaver.  We have been waking up early hours of the morning when it rains to a constant sound of dripping and you have solved our problem because we have looked high and low to try and figure out where the noise was coming from and you are right it sounds like Chinese torture and very, very loud. We to have single beds at back of van and you have to hear it to appreciate how loud and annoying it sounds. Your solution was spot on and we have now to think how to stop it dripping from bike rack.  We would never, ever have found out it was coming from the bike rack without accidental coming across your post.  Thank you.

Takethedogalong replied on 06/05/2019 20:20

Posted on 06/05/2019 20:20

Find where the water drips down to, and simply put a sponge on the impact area for it to drip onto. 🤔No more loud dripping noise. Works for bath taps, sink taps etc...... It really is that easy to solve.

No charge for this information......🤣

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook