Dethleffs Globebus I 3 - Windscreen Wiper Problem

Gussie Crew replied on 17/06/2021 16:44

Posted on 17/06/2021 16:44

Has anyone with a Dethleffs A-class motorhome experienced windscreen wiper problems.

I have a 2008 Globebus I 3 (on a Ducato X250) which I have owned since new and periodically have experienced wiper failure.  When it first occurred at 3 years old I had the wiper motor replaced under warranty (it's a Dethleffs/Hymer part not Fiat apparently). Over the intervening years there has been the odd problem with them stopping mid-wipe!  After a while, sometimes after only a few minutes rest, they start working again.

All was well until the last trip out when they stopped working 5 miles from home and when I switched off the ignition and started up again they gave a few sweeps and stopped.  Have tried again today and they are still playing up.  My dealer has a backlog of work so can't look at it for a while yet.

Does anyone with a knowledge of electrics have any ideas please - could it be an earthing problem or perhaps a dicky ignition switch and not the wiper motor at all!!?

Oh heck it's just started raining here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevehazel818678 replied on 06/07/2024 07:47

Posted on 06/07/2024 07:47

Hi, in France and experienced exactly the same issue. Doing some online research and come across your post. Did you manage to fix and what was the issue? Regards Steve

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook