Desperate for help - inspection/service

Antibadger replied on 06/09/2020 01:26

Posted on 06/09/2020 01:26

I really need to find someone who can take a look at my MH

I'm living and working overseas, with our van in commercial storage in UK (Cardiff). We haven't seen or touched her since June 2019 and now because of coronavirus it's highly improbable we'll get back to UK before early 2021.

I am desperately worried that the van will be completely seized up and batteries/tyres wrecked by the time I get to her again.

I'm trying to find someone who can inspect the van externally and mechanically - not the internals and coachwork. Check if the batteries still have charge from solar, pump up the tyres, see if it moves freely, identify any obvious problems and provide recommendations.

Please any recommendations for service agents in the area. Or alternatively I am prepared to pay a private commission.

Tinwheeler replied on 06/09/2020 09:21

Posted on 06/09/2020 09:21

Have you contacted the garages you listed on this forum last year to see if they can help or if they know a man who can? You have local knowledge so that's the best place to start I'd have thought.

I'm guessing it's likely no one on here can help as no info was forthcoming from your June request. 🤷‍♂️

DavidKlyne replied on 06/09/2020 15:14

Posted on 06/09/2020 15:14

Does the storage have a set of keys? Do you have any children/relatives in the UK who could either go and have a look or act on your behalf? If not, your best bet is probably via the storage as JVB suggests. They will be aware of repair agents coming onsite for servicing etc and could probably suggest a few names but I imagine they will want you to set everything in action. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook