Creaking suspension!

Pembers replied on 24/01/2018 12:11

Posted on 24/01/2018 12:11

My Swift Voyager, Fiat Ducato based, AL-KO chassis, 2010 motorhome suffers from some terrible creaking noises coming from the underside. Someone has suggested that the suspension bushes are dry and need to be lubricated. Others have said that the rear axel or torsion bar needs to be greased. As far as I know the lubrication has not been done during any service carried out by garages. Does anyone have any advice on this matter. Are these tasks within the scope of home DIYer?

young thomas replied on 24/01/2018 14:03

Posted on 24/01/2018 14:03

i had mine done last week...but i had to ask for it as i wasnt having a base vehicle service (every 2 years) yet the Al-Ko maintenance is annually.

some poorly maintained chassis get to the state where the bush itself is being moved when the suspension travels, giving the loud creaking.

recent article in MMM i seem to recall...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook