Cracked shower tray

Jackandmadge replied on 15/05/2017 10:55

Posted on 15/05/2017 10:55

I have a Rollerteam motorhome and have just noticed that the shower tray has a crack in it. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get it fixed or replaced?

ValDa replied on 15/05/2017 11:41

Posted on 15/05/2017 11:41

There is another post on the Caravans section - and I replied to that one but have copied and pasted my reply here:

Try the 'breakers' who may be able to offer you a replacement tray -

O'Leary Motorhomes

Caravan Breakers

Caravan Panels

are just three of them, but there may be one near to you - just google caravan breakers.

If that fails there is a place near Preston which will make you a 'made to measure' one, but I can't immediately find the details.  I'll have another look through my emails as a friend of mine had  one made there - but it's a while ago now.

And added to the post on the other thread:

And there is also advice about repairing your own shower tray - which may be worth doing - on the Practical Motorhome forum

EmilysDad replied on 15/05/2017 13:37

Posted on 15/05/2017 13:37

Where's the crack? I priced a repair to the shower tray in my last caravan & it was more than I was prepared to pay, but as the crack in mine was around the drain a local caravan service place fixed it by fitting a larger stainless 'plug hole' that covered the crack.

delk07 replied on 18/07/2017 14:37

Posted on 18/07/2017 14:37

Shower tray just had mine done fantastic job considering the state it was in and only cost me £300 . I'd had quotes from £500 to £980 for new tray without fitting . 

Mansfield caravans NG19 9BG speak to Tony (foreman) . 

Im really pleased with mine . It's better than new . Depending on what is wrong with yours they drilled holes in mine injected expanding foam into the cavity below to support the tray then filled the holes and sprayed it with a special coating with dries in a rivalled affect to stop you slipping about . It took him two days to do mine but he only had to remove the shower door I think to get to some of the cracks . 

Good luck 

Lorryman replied on 19/08/2017 22:27

Posted on 19/08/2017 22:27

Contact "CARAVAN SHOWER TRAYS"  01332 600825  And speak to Derek. He will make one out of fibreglass for you at a reasonable price and a lot stronger than plastic. Just had one made for my M/H £145

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook