C&mc sat nav

Mr Gee20 replied on 07/06/2021 11:42

Posted on 07/06/2021 11:42

we are thinking buying the CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME tourer 2 sat nav does anyone have experience of this device good or bad. Any help would be much appreciated. Mick

Tinwheeler replied on 07/06/2021 11:58

Posted on 07/06/2021 11:58

We had Tourer 1 as a standard fitting in our last MH. It did the job.

It had to go when the van was p/ex’d and we replaced it with a Garmin which is cheaper but doesn’t have the club apps or dimension settings. We found those items of little use.

For further views, you'll find similar discussions in the Parts and Accessories section.

Bobil1 replied on 07/06/2021 12:16

Posted on 07/06/2021 12:16

Hi, In 2019 we took our motorhome to the North Cape in Norway. We travelled via the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and the north west of Finland to northern Norway then back south along the coast of Norway taking 6 weeks. We bought an Avtex Tourer 2 before the trip along with the Camper stop motorhome stopover guide plus a few other guide books. We soon found that when travelling the big heavy guide books were difficult to use with limited site information. From day one we used the sat nav exclusively to find sites and stopovers. It is easy to use, and comes ready loaded with a large database not only of club sites but when abroad a wealth of camp sites and aire/stellplatz type stopovers. Every day we would stop around mid afternoon, a search quickly listed local places to stay with distance from your current location and brief description, If selected, the sat nav then efficiently guides you to that site. We stayed at some some beautiful small locations that we would not otherwise have found, along with nice commercial sites. We use it every time we go away in this country, have been very happy with it and can highly recommend it. 

Mr Gee20 replied on 07/06/2021 13:58

Posted on 07/06/2021 13:58

Thank you for your help today very much appreciated. Mick

hitchglitch replied on 07/06/2021 16:45

Posted on 07/06/2021 16:45

I believe the Club’s SatNav is a rebadged and more expensive Garmin so I bought the Garmin with lifetime maps. If you download Archies POIs you will get virtually every site in Europe including Club sites and CLs in the UK.

Kasspa replied on 09/06/2021 15:18

Posted on 07/06/2021 11:58 by Tinwheeler

We had Tourer 1 as a standard fitting in our last MH. It did the job.

It had to go when the van was p/ex’d and we replaced it with a Garmin which is cheaper but doesn’t have the club apps or dimension settings. We found those items of little use.

For further views, you'll find similar discussions in the Parts and Accessories section.

Posted on 09/06/2021 15:18

I recently purchased the Tourer 2 + case from www.aimoutdoors for £315.99 with next day free delivery

Despite an initial problem with the order, not the sat nav, it arrived safely & am just getting used to it....

What I haven't found is how to delete individual routes from my history, I found out the hard way as it Deleted User all my planned trips, all 28 days of them & I had to start the time consuming process of entering them all again....

Either someone will be here to help or I'll have to read the instructions again.....

However, it is so much better than the installed 5" Tom Tom & easy to divert from planned rte...

hth

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook