Closed - Auto trail Imala 734

bobthebodger replied on 24/08/2016 13:08

Posted on 24/08/2016 13:08

Auto trail have announced the release of their twin single bedded 734 in the Imala range for 2017, it is to be part of the new range and will be on display at the MH show at the NEC in October, has any one seen one yet and is any one getting interested in it.

InaD replied on 25/08/2016 17:56

Posted on 25/08/2016 17:56

Ina, the issue is now further 'masked' by a ruling that allows manufacturers to include (read 'omit') whatever they like from the the MIRO figure...

75kg for passenger, 50kg for their personal 'stuff', 100kg for water, 100kg for a few 'extras' (wind out awning, sat system, extra battery, solar panel etc, etc), 'essential kit' (hose, levelling blocks, ehu cable, toilet fluids etc, another 50kg....thats 375kg gone without even trying....none of these will be included these days...

to give an idea of how things mount up, the packs and 'extras' on our van weighed around 325kg....

BB, yes, I was aware of that.  It is much more of a minefield now really.  My gripe also is with some of the salesmen.  I realise they are trying to make a living and sell MHs.  But we were at the NEC a few years ago seriously looking to change MH, and had done our homework beforehand on some of the ones we were interested in.  One Burstner we looked at seemed good, and as we got talking to the salesman he pointed us in the direction of another one on show.  On looking at the details though, the payload was something ridiculous, like 295kg (can't remember exactly).  As we wanted an awning, sat dish and bikerack, imagine how much that would take off it to begin with.  I can't remember the model now, but it was a family (4 berth) one, which we didn;t particularly want anyway.  And for a younger person to drive it, they would either have to take the post 1997 test, or go away overloaded.  But he appeared totally un-interested when we mentioned the poor payload.  And he wasn't the only one.  I realise that salesmen can't be expected to know payload for every single MH they are selling.  But in this case it was all clearly marked, yet even then the attitude was that it would be fine.  Really?

I know the onus is on the prospective purchaser to be sure of the facts and payload is important.  But it would be good if salesmen were actually a bit more interested in that side of things, surely some vehicles are hardly fit for purpose?

rayjsj replied on 26/08/2016 12:12

Posted on 26/08/2016 12:12

Will chihauhua's now be the pet of choice for MHomers?

Write your comments here...Yes, but only if you weigh their food every day. Over 3500kg and they have to run behind !

RochelleCC replied on 30/08/2016 11:48

Posted on 30/08/2016 11:48

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

Thanks

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook