Cleaning motor home concertina blinds

Leticia2 replied on 10/06/2018 13:11

Posted on 10/06/2018 13:11

What is the best process for cleaning the concertina blinds in a motorhome please? Ours have become a bit grubby and I am loath to apply a 'wet' cleaner.

Randomcamper replied on 10/06/2018 13:38

Posted on 10/06/2018 13:38

I wave the wand of the hoover at them after each trip......

Like you I suspect that if you wet them they will mark.....?

Tammygirl replied on 10/06/2018 22:46

Posted on 10/06/2018 22:46

I'd like to know the secret of how to clean them, the black net part is a pain to clean. I've tried all sorts of ways to get the dust and fluff out off them. The roof one has sagged and its a pain trying to push it back into its housing. The solid blind cannot be cleaned with a damp cloth to remove marks as the coating comes off yell  to be honest these type of blinds are useless, we are thinking of replacing them with other types if we can.

Leticia2 replied on 11/06/2018 11:13

Posted on 11/06/2018 11:13

We would like to replace them but it does look like quite complicated job. Expensive business owning a motorhome, seem to have to keep throwing money at it but that is the price of our freedom.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook