Child Seats in a Bailey Advance

Prescot46 replied on 27/07/2021 12:55

Posted on 27/07/2021 12:55

Has anyone any advice on appropriate child seats for use in a 2018 Bailey Advance.  Our grandchildren are 4 & 7.  Their current car seats have isofix fittings.  The Bailey does not have isofix clips.  Whilst the isofix latches on the car seats can be folded back into the car seat so as not to snag the upholstery, when the belt is pulled across the seat it feels unsteady. This was without a child in the seat and perhaps their weight might make a difference.

SteveL replied on 27/07/2021 16:55

Posted on 27/07/2021 16:55

I was looking at our Hymer in respect of putting our 3 year old granddaughters seat in. That also has the isofix latches for her dads car. As well as the seat belt through the back there is also a strap, that in our Xtrail goes over the back of the seat and clips to one of the cargo securing hooks on the floor of the boot area. This then holds the seat very rigid, without it as you mention it feels unsteady. Unfortunately there is no way of utilising the strap in our Hymer. So for the moment, when we get round to taking her (she keeps asking) we will just stay local and also take the car.

EmilysDad replied on 27/07/2021 19:34

Posted on 27/07/2021 16:55 by SteveL

I was looking at our Hymer in respect of putting our 3 year old granddaughters seat in. That also has the isofix latches for her dads car. As well as the seat belt through the back there is also a strap, that in our Xtrail goes over the back of the seat and clips to one of the cargo securing hooks on the floor of the boot area. This then holds the seat very rigid, without it as you mention it feels unsteady. Unfortunately there is no way of utilising the strap in our Hymer. So for the moment, when we get round to taking her (she keeps asking) we will just stay local and also take the car.

Posted on 27/07/2021 19:34

not all car seats have extra straps though. I know the strap you're talking about, one of my grand daughter's previous seats had a strap that anchored behind. Her current seat just uses the car's belt ie she sits in the seat, there's a guide to hold the belt over her shoulder & she uses the belt as normal. I do agree that clipping in the isofix holds the seat itself more securely

SteveL replied on 31/07/2021 16:38

Posted on 27/07/2021 19:34 by EmilysDad

not all car seats have extra straps though. I know the strap you're talking about, one of my grand daughter's previous seats had a strap that anchored behind. Her current seat just uses the car's belt ie she sits in the seat, there's a guide to hold the belt over her shoulder & she uses the belt as normal. I do agree that clipping in the isofix holds the seat itself more securely

Posted on 31/07/2021 16:38

We just been given such a seat. It wouldn’t be suitable for a very young child. I think the suggested minimum age is 4. However, at 3 years and 8 months our grandaughter is as tall as many 5 year olds, so it should fit perfectly. Looking at it there should not be a problem mounting in the MH.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook