Chieftain startup beep

Soreinsky replied on 06/07/2016 17:55

Posted on 06/07/2016 17:55

Can anyone please tell my why I get a beep when I turn the ignition key on and off when I start and stop my newly acquired 2006 autotrail chieftain. I ask as when I was driving it home from the sales room the same beep kept comming on for different lengths of time when I was driving it. There were no lights on the dashboard. Any help and advice will be greatfully received.

Soreinsky replied on 06/07/2016 19:45

Posted on 06/07/2016 19:45

No not any of those and besides that wouldn't account for it not sounding for miles and then sounding. It starts with a slow beep that becomes quicker and then stays as a constant noise. It then drops to a beeping and then goes off.

Soreinsky replied on 06/07/2016 21:04

Posted on 06/07/2016 21:04

The noise comes from the front speaker so I think that would rule the fridge out wouldn't it?

huskydog replied on 06/07/2016 21:12

Posted on 06/07/2016 21:12

A long shot this ,but , has the Vechicle got reversing sensors? and some how although you are  not in reverse the system is faulty and they are picking up the cars behind you 

young thomas replied on 06/07/2016 21:17

Posted on 06/07/2016 21:17

The noise comes from the front speaker so I think that would rule the fridge out wouldn't it?

No not any of those and besides that wouldn't account for it not sounding for miles and then sounding. It starts with a slow beep that becomes quicker and then stays as a constant noise. It then drops to a beeping and then goes off.

interesting, you didnt mention the sound was coming from the front speaker nor did you describe the way the noise was manifest, yet, when i offered possible solutions, you ruled them out, quoting both these 'obvious' things back at me as if i should have already known them.....Sad

perhaps of you had given a bit more info as to the nature of the sound and its source, i wouldnt have come back with such obviously wrong suggestions.....

good luck with resolving the issue....

Tinwheeler replied on 06/07/2016 21:23

Posted on 06/07/2016 21:23

That rather changes the scenario, Soreinsky. If it comes out of the speaker that gives you a huge clue. 

Soreinsky replied on 06/07/2016 22:12

Posted on 06/07/2016 22:12

I am not ruling out anything you say and I am sorry that I didn't explain fully but this is because I didn't envisag the answers. I will explore all the answers I receive today more fully tomorrow when I take the MH out to test the theorys the kind contributers have put forward.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook