Chausson Titanium 640 fresh water drainage

wanderers replied on 14/05/2019 14:26

Posted on 14/05/2019 14:26

Just bought our Titanium,very pleased with it ,but how do people drain the fresh water tank if needed before travelling.There is a drain point under the van but this entails a bit of crawling underneath !.Or do people just let it go into the waste tank,( much easier to empty )

beero replied on 14/05/2019 23:25

Posted on 14/05/2019 23:25

I don't drain fresh water before travelling, does anyone? I try to judge my top ups so I am not travelling with a full tank for obvious reasons but I may need some water to wash up if I stop for a cuppa en route.

Tinwheeler replied on 14/05/2019 23:41

Posted on 14/05/2019 23:41

We don’t drain the fresh tank unless the van is going to be unused for a while but, when we do, the tap is easily accessible. 

Perhaps you can reroute the pipework so the tap is easy to reach but why drain it just for travelling unless your payload is ultra critical. We often travel with the tank full if we ‘do’ the tanks as we leave a site. It’s surely what MHs are built to do. 

SteveL replied on 15/05/2019 06:58

Posted on 15/05/2019 06:58

We recently bought a Hymer. This has a easily accessible drain tap located within the van. The tap has a closed, open and 20 litre position. For traveling we try and end up with 20 litres left and open the tap to this position, so far only a few drips have come out, so we have gauged it about right. If it didn't have the 20 litre left position, l guess we would just try and end up with that amount anyway.

cyberyacht replied on 15/05/2019 08:29

Posted on 15/05/2019 08:29

Happiness is a full tank. I don't know whether it is a relic from my sailing days but I like to keep my fresh water tank topped up as one never knows when you will be able to get some more. We got caught out on an aire in Normandy on our way home where the water supply was not working. Had to buy a six pack of mineral water to keep us going till the ferry.

young thomas replied on 15/05/2019 09:19

Posted on 15/05/2019 09:19

In most MH there shouldn't be an issue with travelling with water, even a full tank, which we do every time we leave a site/aire when touring.

a MH gives us freedom, one that we don't want restricted by not having enough basic supplies to be able to camp away from sites for a few days but still shower in the van.

even if 'coming home' I won't drain the tank, we may be out again in a flash....

re:draining fresh water from the Chausson, I'm pretty sure there will be dump lever/tap that may be inside.

unlike most uk vans that have external water tanks and dump taps (exposed to the elements) most euro vans like the Chausson will have an internal fresh water tank for winterisation and usually a tap/level inside, too.....although the waste tank (usually external) may have its dump valve outside.

it certainly won't be necessary to think about running the fresh through the waste tank and then out...

Cornersteady replied on 15/05/2019 11:52

Posted on 15/05/2019 08:29 by cyberyacht

Happiness is a full tank. I don't know whether it is a relic from my sailing days but I like to keep my fresh water tank topped up as one never knows when you will be able to get some more. We got caught out on an aire in Normandy on our way home where the water supply was not working. Had to buy a six pack of mineral water to keep us going till the ferry.

Posted on 15/05/2019 11:52

yes same with me with fuel (especially when towing) as we were taught:

the only time you can have too much fuel is when you're on fire

Cybil 666 replied on 15/05/2019 12:20

Posted on 15/05/2019 12:20

Whe i picked up my 640 i was told you cant drain it apart from running the taps, i cant see a valve underneath either, having said that I havent taken of the large tank cap to look inside. You might want to have a look at this thread wanderer and save yourself the hassle of holding the pipe when filling the tank up

Andy

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/chausson-technibox-water-filler-cap/51391/

young thomas replied on 15/05/2019 18:37

Posted on 15/05/2019 18:37

I found this in a manual online...

DRAINING OF DRINKING WATER

To drain hot and cold water, proceed as follows:

1 - Turn the pump off on the control panel.

2 - Empty the reservoir by opening the cap(s). A valve is located inside the vehicle close to the reservoir.

3 - Open the water heater faucet (see the chapter on WATER HEATER/HEATING)

4 - When the reservoir and the water heater are empty, open the faucets and pump starter for a few seconds.

5 - When the circuit is empty, close the drinking water reservoir valve and the heater drain valve.

so there will be a valve inside the van nr the tank. mine is at the top of the tank and as you turn it, it withdraws a bung...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook