Chausson flash 6 2010

Arrivakids replied on 30/07/2017 12:59

Posted on 30/07/2017 12:59

I have  a couple of Questions i need help with, I have just had a  week break in my M/H ,i filled the tank with Cold water and all seemed ok . When everything was set up i noticed a small amount of water on the floor of M/H. I wiped it away and more water appeared my cold water tank was behind the leak. I had a look at the tank and i did see a  bit of water on the floor under the tank so i thought i had overfilled the tank. Anyway i left it for around 30 mins but still water was coming from the underneath where the tank is . In the end i emptied the tank as i did not want to damage the furniture .

My other question is the window directly next to the door has been screwed down it can not be opened if it did the door when open would smash the window if that was open .. Well now i have noticed water on the inside of that window with all this rain we had thought it was condensation but it is certainly rain getting in . 

So now i need help in these two matters . The M/H is no longer under warranty i am quite handy and can do most jobs but if anyone can shed any light to what might be the problem that would be great .

young thomas replied on 30/07/2017 15:05

Posted on 30/07/2017 15:05

spunds like a bit more investigation is required 'on location'....extremely difficult to suggest action without this....

however, the fresh water tank will feed the 'cold' system and the feed to the got water boiler.

either of these two pipe runs (or their exit from the tank) could be the source of the water.

i assume that after draining, the water at the bottom of the tank stopped appearing, but the 'rain water' via the window was still present?

i would see if its possible to get right under the tank, even see if its possible to lift it (under the dinette, possibly?) and get a look below...

leaks are a real pain and need to resolved quickly as you know...

good luck.

Arrivakids replied on 30/07/2017 22:44

Posted on 30/07/2017 22:44

Yes all water from Tank stopped once we drained the tank, as for the window yes still water on one side . Will investigate asap thanks 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook