Chausson flash 6

Arrivakids replied on 04/02/2017 12:52

Posted on 04/02/2017 12:52

Hello just purchased out first Motorhome a  Chausson Flash 6 2010. We picked it up on Thursday when we arrived home i noticed some pin marks round the bottom of the Bathroom window. When i touched that area all seemed ok except for a  thumb size are appeared spongy. I rang the dealer who assured me that the pin marks were where they had checked for moisture and all was well . He then said those marks would be used again as not to put more marks in that area and it would be checked again in 12  months. We also told them we had not received a habitation report . We are going to have to call back in   weeks time as the gas door lock is faulty and they have ordered another one .. What would you do regarding this in the bathroom Also there is what appears to be a  light that is fitted into the corner of the bed area which does not work is this a working light or just decoration we are not sure .

Tinwheeler replied on 04/02/2017 13:03

Posted on 04/02/2017 13:03

I don't think lights are ever fitted as decoration!

An area that is spongy is damp and it is likely to spread. Dealers usually have electronic damp meters that don't use prongs while us amateurs tend to use the cheaper prong type meters.

Sorry, Arriva, but from what you've said I don't like the sound of this and you cause me to have doubts about the integrity of the dealer.

Randomcamper replied on 04/02/2017 18:19

Posted on 04/02/2017 18:19

The fact that the dealer has felt the need to test that area coupled with your own suspiciouns would make me want to get a second opinion from someone, preferably an independent qualified person not connected with the sale of the van!

As TW suggests, dampness is best caught early, it would only get worse when a year has passed, and if there really is no problem at least it will give you peace of mind

JVB66 replied on 04/02/2017 18:28

Posted on 04/02/2017 18:28

I agree  on all counts with the previose posters and think a if not a second opinion get a damp meter for yourself and go all over the vehicle with a good look at the rest of the bathroom, 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook