Chausson electric bed problem

Tony and Helene replied on 05/07/2020 08:47

Posted on 05/07/2020 08:47

Hi can anyone advice please? We have a 2020 Titanium Chausson 640 And this morning our electric bed did not quite reach the ceiling but is now stuck. Not moving with electric switch at all. Able to move it down with manual crank. Electric table only responding slightly when pressing down button. We are a long way from the dealership as we had our first night away last night.

Has anyone any ideas please ? Thank you Helene

wanderers replied on 05/07/2020 13:25

Posted on 05/07/2020 13:25

Have you checked the fuses, we had a similar problem.

Thornsett replied on 05/07/2020 16:04

Posted on 05/07/2020 16:04

Problems with electric motors for drop down beds are nothing new. I assume you have looked in the manual as you have manually cranked the bed down. 

Worth checking the fuse.

Ours sticks if we overload the bed. Strip everything out of the drop down bed other than the mattress and then try. It may have think there is a child trapped in the bed - seriously if there is a weight overload. Check your manual as to whether there is a weight limit when using the motor. Mine will stop if I put two memory foam pillows and the duvet on the bed.

Do you have two motors or one? If the former, check whether the bed is level as your motors may need resetting.

Our Hymer manual recommend pressing both the up and down switch at the same time.

We sometimes just give the bed a gentle push when it sticks and it unjams the motors.

Personally, as the van is in warranty, I'd live with it as it is until I could get help from the nearest dealer (over the phone at least). Not worth risking burning out the motors.

Tony and Helene replied on 06/07/2020 08:09

Posted on 06/07/2020 08:09

Hi folks I’m very happy to report we found a loose connection in the box behind the key. All in working order now, thank you all very much for your great advice. 

Thornsett replied on 06/07/2020 11:02

Posted on 06/07/2020 11:02

Good to hear. It's always nice to know the outcome. Carry on motorhoming!

ClubMember7F0F56A406 replied on 11/05/2023 15:00

Posted on 11/05/2023 15:00

Hi can anyone help I have just purchased a Chasson Flash motorhome 2016 and having a problem getting the drop down bed to work. Seems to have no power. With EHU. Can anyone advise which fuse it may be as the handbook does not indicate there is one for the  bed. Many thanks

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook