Canopy/Awning combination

johnthomo replied on 29/04/2019 09:23

Posted on 29/04/2019 09:23

We have a Thule Omnistor 5200 fitted to our MH and having considered all awning options, we've decided on a Thule Quickfit. I asked at our local dealership if I'd need any additional fitting and they didn't know. Do any of you more experienced Motorhomers know please? Many thanks.   

mickysf replied on 29/04/2019 09:36

Posted on 29/04/2019 09:36

Rob at Quality Caravan Awnings is extremely helpful, provides excellent service at very competitive prices. He knows his stuff even checking our make and model of ur motorhome against size of Thule Quickfit just to be on the safe side and ensuring we had all the necessary 'bits'.

Must say I'm impressed with the quality and ease of erection of this awning.

http://www.qualitycaravanawnings.com/

DSB replied on 04/05/2019 16:27

Posted on 04/05/2019 16:27

Hi Johnthomo.  We have a Thule 6100 on our caravan.  Its wonderful just to be able to roll out the canopy - first class, IMHO.  We do have the main awning too, but I have to say, we don't use it often.

When we put the sides in, it does take quite a time, but I guess we are not getting any younger, so it probably takes is longer than most.  The side 'poles' that fit on to the roof canopy are quite robust and heavy, as is the down section that fits to the side of the caravan.  Like any awning, the pegging out is always a major part of putting up any awning.

If you get the quickfit option, I would be really interested in hearing what you think.

David

replied on 05/05/2019 10:12

Posted on 05/05/2019 10:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 05/05/2019 10:22

Posted on 05/05/2019 10:22

We also have a Thule 6100 fitted to the roof of our caravan and it is great as shade and keep dry area ,and because of how it is fitted the caravan awning rail is not obstructed, and we now carry our lightweight quite large Isabella porch awning for longer stays ,which can be erected under the Thule thus giving double skin sun(cooler) /rain( less noise)comfort if we so wishcool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook