Cadac BBQ warranty

Glenn1405 replied on 26/08/2018 11:34

Posted on 26/08/2018 11:34

We purchased a Cadac Grillo 2 BBQ in April this year. It has worked very well until a couple of weeks ago, when the flame became yellow and very sooty. I telephoned Cadac and the chap suggested I should try it on a different regulator, which I did and the fault remained. I have been very disappointed with the response from their warranty department. I have sent every scrap of information they have asked for, even contacting the shop where I bought it for the dealer reference. Now they want me to take photographs showing the fault. We use the BBQ exclusively on our motorhome which has a dedicated BBQ point fitted by the dealer. I told Cadac that every other appliance connected to the gas tank works perfectly so it has to be a faulty burner. To save time I have offered to pay for the part to get the problem sorted. Every time I send an email it takes a few days to respond and then, often they request the same information. The stock excuse for the slow progress is due to them being very busy. Has anyone else had dealings with this company?

commeyras replied on 26/08/2018 18:14

Posted on 26/08/2018 18:14

Sorry to hear this.  I have a Cadac witch has worked perfectly for the 5 years I have owned it.  Remember, the DEALER is the one you have redress against and you must deal with them not Cadac; if the dealer asks you to contact Cadac just say 'NO, you must sort it out'.  I would go into the shop with the offending BBQ and just ask them for a repair or replacement.  Give him say 2 weeks and if he does not then write to him giving 14 days in which to sort it out.  Sample letters are on the Citizens Advice web page or Martin Lewis's web site.  If it cost over £100 and you paid by Credit Card the Card Company is equally liable and a letter to them should get a result if the dealer does not come up trumps.  It is under guarantee and you have rights under the Sale of Goods Act.  Don't accept excuses and don't pay for it yourself.  You will win, just push them.

ocsid replied on 26/08/2018 19:06

Posted on 26/08/2018 19:06

Tread with due caution; remember the CRA and warranty are for manufacturing, condition, fitness for purpose or design type defects only, not for user related issues.

Here with the described yellow flame there is a restriction to the mixing of air with LPG.

This could so easily be down to faults not covered by either the Act or warranty, including knocks that misaligned the venturi tube, debris like spiders webs in the venturi or partial blocking of the jet from contamination.

The nature of this product in respect to the reported fault does not really tend to suffer latent manufacturing defects appearing after a period of correct functioning, but is very prone to the issues mentioned above.

Tammygirl replied on 26/08/2018 19:57

Posted on 26/08/2018 19:57

I was surprised to hear you are having problems with Cadac, when we had a similar issue the chap my OH spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and sent out a part FOC 

mickysf replied on 26/08/2018 21:38

Posted on 26/08/2018 21:38

"So it has to be a faulty burner"

Just be sure that this is the case before committing. We had a hob which exhibited similar visual issues. A proper clean and 'blowout' (by the service department) solved what appeared in my incorrect opinion to be a manufacturing problem. In me casé it was spilt food residue!embarassed 

DSB replied on 29/08/2018 15:01

Posted on 29/08/2018 15:01

I haven't dealt with Cadac customer service for some years now, but when I did I found them very good indeed. 

On our Cadac 1, we had trouble with the non-stick coating coming off one of the pans.  They replaced it twice for us without any problem.  Also, we were on site on one occasion, and I left the Cadac on!!!  It melted part of the handle to the lid.  I rang them up, offered to pay for the part but they sent a replacement FOC which arrived at the site the next day.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook