Buying a Ford Herald Squire year 2000

Roger Shirley 1 replied on 19/03/2015 15:58

Posted on 19/03/2015 15:58

we have been offered a ford herald squire year 2000 30,000 miles on the clock, can anyone give me any reviews on this type of vehicle and does anyone roughty know the book price. tried on the internet didnt get very far???

cheers Roger

tonker replied on 23/09/2021 21:50

Posted on 23/09/2021 21:50

I have just looked at one and it has 80,000 miles on the clock.

The service History is all good and although there is slight corrosion on the axle (which old car doesn't) it is in excellent condition.

A friend of mine who services motorhomes believes it's probably 10k ot thereabouts.

No idea on the book price but check any rust underneath and on the doors and wheel arches.

We are tempted to go for it as you hear of so many horror stories with newer ones.

young thomas replied on 24/09/2021 09:24

Posted on 24/09/2021 09:24

Don't worry, there are plenty of horror stories with old vans, too!!

Damp, damp and damp are the three things you should be checking for on a van of this age.

Condition is everything....a 20 yr old Hymer (built like the proverbial outhouses for long term continental touring) is one thing but a 20 yr old UK van with 1500 miles a year needs a proper check over...

caveat emptor.

how cheap is it?.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook