Burstner Grille Badge

Matt73 replied on 28/03/2021 22:35

Posted on 28/03/2021 22:35

Evening Everyone,

We’ve recently purchased a 2018 Burstner Lyseo and it appears that the previous owner (or the dealership), has used some sort of fairly caustic/ corrosive substance whilst cleaning the exterior and the chrome finish on the grille badge has turned black - (I’m not aware of Traffic Film Remover being that strong) ?. Whilst this rubs off with some elbow grease and a scrubbing pad, I can’t get into the nooks and crannies to get to it all and some of the chrome has also started to peel.

First world problem I know, but it looks a mess, these things bug me, and I’ll keep staring at it 😀.

I can’t find a replacement on line. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?. Also, it looks like a “Grille off” Job to replace it...any ideas ?.

Thanks all !

Matt

Lutz replied on 29/03/2021 13:02

Posted on 29/03/2021 13:02

If you have difficulty in obtaining a Bürstner badge, you could fit an original Fiat one, as the radiator grille is Fiat. Bürstner just replace the Fiat badge with one of their own.

Matt73 replied on 29/03/2021 16:12

Posted on 29/03/2021 16:12

Thanks Lutz, fair point and that'd work. This is the offending article....I'm guessing the mount must screw off at the back once the main grille is unscrewed. Its a good option if I cant find a Burstner one.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook