Bizarre Thetford N150 Fridge fault

GDMC replied on 02/08/2016 19:44

Posted on 02/08/2016 19:44

Thetford N150 fridge. Working fine from Thu to Saturday last week on 240v and had been also fine on 12v. Suddenly found the fridge dead - no display, no interior light, contents warming up in fridge and frozen food cpt. No amount of pressing the on/off button or disconnecting mains, running on engine battery, etc., made any difference. Back home - have fiddled with anything and everything (which has only revealed that the expected and identified fuses in my 2007 Adria Izola M/H electrobloc 225 don't seem to have any connection to the fridge!). However, the thing has sprung back to life for no obvious reason. The shortfalls are that it is not seeing gas supply - which I've checked is ok, and more significantly, it won't switch off. It runs fine in manual and auto on 240v and 12v, switching between both ok, but does not see any gas supply (and I can't hear any sparking attempts) and will not shut down. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the control pcb in the front panel, but still the same. Any thoughts, or should I just buy a new pcb and hope for the best (£65)?

MrGarval replied on 02/08/2016 20:16

Posted on 02/08/2016 20:16

Might be worth giving Thetford a call or pop into your local dealership and see if they can throw any light on the problem, often the service guys know the answer.

GDMC replied on 18/08/2016 09:05

Posted on 18/08/2016 09:05

Have now emailed Thetford, awaiting a reply. I've swapped out the pcb. The 'unable to switch off' fault remains, but all other functions are fine. Works on all 3 sources in auto and manual. I'd be annoyed if it ends up being a main board fault, as that is inaccessible without pulling the 'fridge out. I'm leaving the fridge set to EHU in manual and hoping the solar panel will keep the leisure battery topped up.

replied on 18/08/2016 15:53

Posted on 18/08/2016 15:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook