Bike cover for offset rack

mike broadhurst replied on 11/04/2018 18:50

Posted on 11/04/2018 18:50

Can anyone recommend a bike cover for a 2 bike rack where the rails are offset? None of the Fammia bike covers seem to apply to this arrangement, unless I am not understanding the terminology.  I am new to motorhomes.

Apperley replied on 11/04/2018 20:06

Posted on 11/04/2018 20:06

I think Fiamma sell bike covers for up to 4 bikes, so a larger one may cover your two bikes. Or, have you considered a motorbike cover? They are large and will cover a bulky bike.

mike broadhurst replied on 12/04/2018 10:14

Posted on 12/04/2018 10:14

Thanks, I did wonder about that approach.  Fammia say that even the 4 bike one isn't suitable for offset rails but the extra material might be sufficient to spread across.

Kontikiboy replied on 13/04/2018 09:15

Posted on 13/04/2018 09:15

Hi Mike,

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "offset" mean in this instance?  The photo seems to show a common Thule type rack on the back of a MH.

I am interested in this thread because I am looking for a cover for two heavy e-bikes but think the Fiamma one is a bit lightweight for long-term use.      Someone we met on our last trip to Spain recommended a Hindermann, which was good quality and strong but did not have a pocket for the warning sign.      We will also be looking at the Thule one but want to feel the quality.   Has anyone else on here got a Thule cover?

BillC

mike broadhurst replied on 13/04/2018 18:06

Posted on 13/04/2018 18:06

I have assumed offset means the two wheel rails are not in line, one is positioned slightly to the left and the other to the right of the midline. It is to allow the bikes to be closer together because the handlebars are offset. It doesn't appear that way in the photo but the rails on my carrier are offset.  I was hoping the post would confirm my interpretation.

TonyIshUK replied on 14/04/2018 18:42

Posted on 14/04/2018 18:42

Try Taylormade Silver Screens, they make bike covers.  I did discuss having bigger cover for electric bikes , they said they would investigate when life was quieter.

we purchased one of their bike covers and put in some extra gussets made from material they supplied.  Sent back the details of what we did and measurements etc.  So I do not if they now manufacture our larger ebike cover as standard

.rgds

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook