BENIMAR .

wye replied on 23/12/2017 10:25

Posted on 23/12/2017 10:25

Does anybody have any comments , experience of these Benimar  motorhomes , the Tessora and the Milo 

Range ?

Takethedogalong replied on 23/12/2017 10:39

Posted on 23/12/2017 10:39

No ownership experience, but we had a browse around the Benimars at our local Marquis dealers around 18 months ago. To be honest, we weren't impressed. Lots of surface bling, but they didn't strike us as a quality or robust product, and we thought some of the finishes, such as door fittings, latches, catches, furnishings would quickly become worn and a pain in the...... We were browsing new and used Autosleepers at the same place, and the difference in build quality, even with a British brand was quite marked. We would have chosen a used AS well before a new Benimar. Just our opinion, and as I say, we have no experience of living in one. But we have dealt with Fiat in the past, a not to be repeated experience if we can avoid it.

young thomas replied on 23/12/2017 14:39

Posted on 23/12/2017 14:39

there is an 'owners review' of a 7.5m Tessoro in MMM this month...they seem very happy with it. Also, this range is on the Ford base if it is important.

despite the, selling like hotcakes (the AS/Marquis influence, i suspect) theyre not my idea of 'upmarket' design (dont like the 'ambience' of these and the Mileo, but purely a personal thing, you may love it).....and many innovative layouts to choose from.

however, if you're kicking about a Marquis dealers with time to spare, perhaps have a look at the Mobilvettas, a different kettle of fish altogether...good design, great layouts, terrific 'yacht-style' ambience (a world away from the 'traditional' look of many vans youll see there) and outstanding value.

good luck.

wye replied on 23/12/2017 14:54

Posted on 23/12/2017 14:39 by young thomas

there is an 'owners review' of a 7.5m Tessoro in MMM this month...they seem very happy with it. Also, this range is on the Ford base if it is important.

despite the, selling like hotcakes (the AS/Marquis influence, i suspect) theyre not my idea of 'upmarket' design (dont like the 'ambience' of these and the Mileo, but purely a personal thing, you may love it).....and many innovative layouts to choose from.

however, if you're kicking about a Marquis dealers with time to spare, perhaps have a look at the Mobilvettas, a different kettle of fish altogether...good design, great layouts, terrific 'yacht-style' ambience (a world away from the 'traditional' look of many vans youll see there) and outstanding value.

good luck.

Posted on 23/12/2017 14:54

Thanks for yr input BB.

Had look yes the look amazing however staring at 74 k and to big for us .

young thomas replied on 23/12/2017 16:39

Posted on 23/12/2017 16:39

Benimar are certainly good value, and have the benefit of a large UK dealer network behind the brand.

however, if you're interested in Benimar, it may be that you're also interested in other continental brands rather than the default UK choices?

if so, check out the following 'sub-brands' of some of the big name continental players, majoring on quality at value prices...

Carado (from Hymer), Sunlight (a sister to Carado produced by Dethleffs), Weinsberg (Knaus), Sun Living (Adria)....

the lower end of the market has taken off in Germany, hence this new tranche of sub brands springing up in the past two years. so there is plenty of choice to compete directly with Bailey/Swift/Elddis et al on price, if you are comfortable with the layouts.

good hunting.

Qashqai66 replied on 26/12/2017 11:37

Posted on 26/12/2017 11:37

Interesting list of models form Boleroboy.  I checked them all out but see that none of these offer either a Mercedes vehicle nor the layout we want which is that of parallel long seating/double bed  Therefore we come back to Auto-Sleeper as being get only realistic option.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/12/2017 13:53

Posted on 26/12/2017 11:37 by Qashqai66

Interesting list of models form Boleroboy.  I checked them all out but see that none of these offer either a Mercedes vehicle nor the layout we want which is that of parallel long seating/double bed  Therefore we come back to Auto-Sleeper as being get only realistic option.

Posted on 26/12/2017 13:53

We are of one mind, Q. 

Sadly the Merc could not be had when we downsized to the PVC. There are a couple around such as La Strada but the layout would be intolerable for us.

young thomas replied on 27/12/2017 12:43

Posted on 26/12/2017 11:37 by Qashqai66

Posted on 27/12/2017 12:43

...but, Im responding to Wye (the OP) who has spent a bot of time perusing a continental brand, Benimar....so i wouldnt expect you to necessarily be happy with my suggestions.

in the thread that Micky started, i offerend advise to him based on his requiremnts, but again you kindly informed me that they didnt suit you.undecided

if youd like me to spend some time finding you a twin sofa (front or rear?) layout on a base with auto transmission, i would gladly try, but i thought you had oredered your new van?

or are you still looking?

i could spend all day telling you why i would never buy an AS van (fiat or merc) but thats not what this thread is about, is it?

for me, if i was looking fpr this sort of van, large front lounge with sprawling sofas, 6.4/6.5m long, on a merc, with auto, terrific kitchen, decent storage, across the rear washroom, walk in shower, biggest bed in its class (electric if you want it), double floor, properly winterised, huge water tanks, etc.....

Frankia 640 (if you want used) or 650 if you must have this years (same) model....

i realise you wont like this either, as it has a drop down bed above the cab, although you can sleep in the lounge, if you wish... 

Tinwheeler replied on 27/12/2017 13:32

Posted on 27/12/2017 13:32

Had a good Christmas, BB? laughing

Come on, it’s all MH related and of use to someone. You know how threads meander around the topic.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook