Bailey Autograph 794t 2020

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 06/12/2020 13:05

Posted on 06/12/2020 13:05

I have the above motorhome.Does anybody know if there is a safety device on the fresh water tank to stop the waterpump running when the tank is empty,either on mains hookup or on 12v.

DavidKlyne replied on 06/12/2020 15:57

Posted on 06/12/2020 15:57

I am wondering under what circumstances you envisage this being a problem, is it something that has already happened? I have owned two Bailey motorhomes and the systems have been different on both. If this happens it's usually means an air block or the pressure switch needs adjusting. If you are concerned about it happening when you leave the van unattended you could always turn off the pump on the control panel. That would still allow you to run the heating if required. Alternatively you could shut off the 12v but no heating on that method.

David

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 06/12/2020 16:48

Posted on 06/12/2020 16:48

hi .  david thanks for your reply.i dont think ive explained myself.  i keep my motorhome at home at the moment its drained down,i keep a 240v hookup on it the tank is empty if i turn on the master panel everything works except the pump,if i disconect the 240v supply again as discribed the pump does not work on 12v therefore the question is there a  safety  device when the tank is empty.is it a case that i have to fill the fresh tank to see if it returns to normal/

nelliethehooker replied on 07/12/2020 21:38

Posted on 07/12/2020 21:38

GT, have you tried putting in a litre or so of water and then tried to run the pump? That's what I'd try first. You can always drain it off again whatever happens. You could also ask the question on the Bailey Members F B page if no joy. As it is obviously a new van have you tried asking your dealers about it?

DavidKlyne replied on 07/12/2020 21:48

Posted on 07/12/2020 21:48

I am still not convinced there is. My reasoning is that the pump (in normal circumstances) is operated by the micro switches in the taps. Assuming the 12v volt and pump only operate if both are switched on via the control panel. Usually when we drain down the advise is the leave the taps in the open position. If you switch the pump on it should fire up but of course it won't pump water as there is none in the tank. I could be wrong but seems to be the way the system works. If I have a moment tomorrow I will have a look at my Alliance to see if it teaches me!!!!!

David

DavidKlyne replied on 08/12/2020 11:39

Posted on 08/12/2020 11:39

As promised I have been out in the van and I think I have sussed it! With the mains off and 12v on I switched the pump on whilst the taps were still open and the pump did not start. Tried it with the mains connected and the same thing. My conclusion is that if the water tank is empty the control panel does not allow the pump to work so I think is your safety stop.

David

JVB66 replied on 08/12/2020 11:53

Posted on 08/12/2020 11:39 by DavidKlyne

As promised I have been out in the van and I think I have sussed it! With the mains off and 12v on I switched the pump on whilst the taps were still open and the pump did not start. Tried it with the mains connected and the same thing. My conclusion is that if the water tank is empty the control panel does not allow the pump to work so I think is your safety stop.

David

Posted on 08/12/2020 11:53

Or the pump has pcked upwink

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 08/12/2020 14:11

Posted on 08/12/2020 14:11

Good day one and all thank you for your replies.i too have been in the van and found that if im on either 240 or 12v  turn on the master and the pump open the taps nothing happens at the pump.yet if i press the arrow button on the control panel and hold the pump will run. therefore i think it must be a safety system to stop the pump running when the tank is empty on either power supplies.again thanks for all your help.Merry XMAS.

robinofstackpole replied on 08/12/2020 16:22

Posted on 08/12/2020 16:22

Hi, I have the 2019 794 the on board water tank has a pressure switch; this is activated by the level of water in the tank applying pressure via a small bore tube sitting in the water. Most tanks register 0% when there is still some water left in the tank due to he length of the tube. To test the pressure switch you can put your finger over the end of the tube with the pump turned on, but don't run for too long dry. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook