Bailey Motorhome help

robinofstackpole replied on 05/06/2020 11:15

Posted on 05/06/2020 11:15

Has anyone with a Bailey Motorhome looked underneath the back end? I was under looking at the wiring and noticed that the outer skin of the side and rear walls was loose. I would have thought that this should be fixed or sealed to prevent water ingress. As the motorhome is only just a year old I may have to try and get it looked at by the retailer, conditions permitting. 

Apperley replied on 05/06/2020 17:12

Posted on 05/06/2020 17:12

Hi Robin, I have a 2017 Autograph 75-4 (not the 2015 model shown in my avatar) I haven't noticed the problem you highlight. In fact, from memory it is sealed. Is it possible to go into more detail or attach photographs? Thanks.

Apperley replied on 05/06/2020 19:55

Posted on 05/06/2020 19:55

That does not look right. I would definitely take it back, or certainly raise it (register the issue) now with the dealer, including photos so that they can get it fixed in due course, or suggest a fix for you maybe.

robinofstackpole replied on 11/06/2020 17:33

Posted on 11/06/2020 17:33

Hey guess what, Bailey have said that this is their standard build quality. The sides are sealed further up and apparently there is no risk of moisture ingress. I'll just have to wait and see. 

Heethers replied on 18/06/2020 12:04

Posted on 18/06/2020 12:04

Typical of manufacturers today fob you off, l remember when l had my Bailey 2012 Madrid 3 months after l had it water ingress in the front lockers, kept telling them at each habitational it wasn't right on the second one Baileys finally owned up when enough customer complained,they put a recall out to tank the front lockers. Like the others have said sikaflex it but send photos and a letter to Bailey telling them you will post it on the websites, might make Baileys review their build quality, mind you its not just Bailey they all need to review how they produce their product

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook