Bailey Autograph

Pembers replied on 04/09/2020 15:17

Posted on 04/09/2020 15:17

I have recently bought a brand new Autograph 794T. I cant locate the fresh water drain tap. Owners manual states offside forward of fresh water tank. Can not find it. Can any owner out there help? 

Apperley replied on 04/09/2020 22:19

Posted on 04/09/2020 22:19

Page 40 of the bailey manual deals with this and says to drain freshwater tank open the inspection lid (which should unscrew) and access the drain plug. The waste water drain tap Is behind the rear wheel.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/09/2020 22:24

Posted on 04/09/2020 22:24

On underslung tanks it is as Apperley says. I remember with our Approach the first time I tried to pull the bung out with the chain it broke!!! So be prepared to get your arm into the tank! I now have a Bailey Alliance which has an inboard tank which has a drain valve, although not as effective as removing the bung!!!

David

PhilnShaz replied on 15/09/2020 11:04

Posted on 04/09/2020 15:17 by Pembers

I have recently bought a brand new Autograph 794T. I cant locate the fresh water drain tap. Owners manual states offside forward of fresh water tank. Can not find it. Can any owner out there help? 

Posted on 15/09/2020 11:04

Can't get to my autograph at the moment but there is a drain plug inside the tank as already stated, lift the carpet by the door and then the door in the floor to access the tank, unscrew the lid.

There is also a drain from part way up the tank which is not easily accessed. if you look underneath the van on the offside infront of the rear wheel you should see the tank and the pipe coming out of it, the tap on the end is several feet in from the side of the van. I don't know what Bailey were thinking when they put this here, I had to lay on the floor and stretch under the van to reach it. NOT a good idea!!

GLOBETROTTERS replied on 06/12/2020 12:54

Posted on 06/12/2020 12:54

access the fresh water tank by lifting the hatch in the floor unscrew the tank cap and just inside you will see a orange bung on a chain hold the bung and pull out (not the chain,it will snap) the water will empty dont forget to replace the bung when empty.Hope this helps.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook