Bailey approach 765 fridge not working

Grippos replied on 24/07/2016 11:14

Posted on 24/07/2016 11:14

HELP. Fridge was working when we left uk. Just landed in France and it's warmer in the fridge than outside. Tried it on gas, battery, and electric. Works slightly on electric. Fuses and mcb OK. am I out of refrigerant. Don't know if it's relevant but sometimes the fridge light is on sometimes it's not. Please help. Fridge is dometic rms 8550

Apperley replied on 24/07/2016 14:24

Posted on 24/07/2016 14:24

The EHU may be lower voltage than u have experienced before. I would try it on gas. I take it u have no outside fridge vent covers fitted? 

Grippos replied on 24/07/2016 15:43

Posted on 24/07/2016 15:43

Thanks for the replies. Yes tried it on gas not getting cold. No vent covers on. Taken freezer section out as that seems to be cold. Top fridge veins now cold bottom one not. 

KjellNN replied on 25/07/2016 13:52

Posted on 25/07/2016 13:52

If it works the top vent should  get warm  as that lets out the warm air, cool air is drawn in through the bottom vent.

Tammygirl replied on 25/07/2016 16:38

Posted on 25/07/2016 16:38

We have a Bailey, the fridge light should only go out when fridge is switched off, if on any of the other settings the light will be on when door open. Sometimes the lower veins do take take a little longer to chill, they don't usually have frost on them like the upper ones. Have you got the fridge at the coldest setting? On gas are you sure you are getting a good supply of gas, recently I turned the fridge on gas it came on ok, so I just went away to do other things when I came back ìt had gone off. I had forgotten that after turning the gas bottle on I needed to press the green button on the regulatorEmbarassed

hitchglitch replied on 25/07/2016 17:09

Posted on 25/07/2016 17:09

Difficult to get by without a fridge so if it is not obvious you might try and track down a service agent on the makers website. We have had problems in the past and my thoughts were:

Many sites will freeze ice packs. You wouled need a cool bag/box.

Some sites have rental fridges.

You could buy a portable cooler, 12 volts or mains.

Good luck; hope you sort it. 

hitchglitch replied on 25/07/2016 21:29

Posted on 25/07/2016 21:29

I think you need a 12 volt supply whether on gas or electric so if the fridge light is intermittent there may be a loose connection on the 12 volt side. Try tracking down the 12 volt fuse supply and make sure the fuse is securely located. Take it out and press in again.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook