Bailey 79-4 through boot

robinofstackpole replied on 26/05/2019 12:18

Posted on 26/05/2019 12:18

Hi, I'm new to motor homing and pick up my Bailey at the middle of June. Does anyone know the size of the opening to the through boot? as I'm not sure if I can fit any chairs etc. in it.

If I can't, does anyone have advice for storing chairs, table etc.

Robin

Tinwheeler replied on 26/05/2019 12:40

Posted on 26/05/2019 12:40

You obviously didn’t measure the door to the garage first.

The best advice I can give you if your gear doesn’t fit is to replace it with smaller and lighter items. Be wary of the weight you’re intending to place over the back axle as well as your overall payload limit. 

Thats a big van you’re getting. Enjoy it.

young thomas replied on 28/05/2019 09:02

Posted on 28/05/2019 09:02

yes,  it would be useful to be able to store them on edge, say against the rear wall so as not to impact too much on the rest of the storage..

mine stand upright, next to each other so only use about 6-8" of garage space.

also, IMHO proper outdoor chairs are so much more comfortable than the collapsible sort which are often short of decent lumbar support, so I can see that getting them to fit would be a real advantage.

good luck with the van..(but mind your head on the nicely exposed wooden battens....)

SteveL replied on 31/05/2019 09:31

Posted on 31/05/2019 09:31

good luck with the van..(but mind your head on the nicely exposed wooden battens....)

Its the gas strut in ours BB. It sticks down an inch or so lower than the door rim. It really smarts when you forget about it as you raise your head after putting something away. 😂

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook