Autotrail tribute control panel issues

Houghta replied on 24/03/2019 08:34

Posted on 24/03/2019 08:34

The nordelettronica ne268 control panel 

When turning on and turning off my control panel l have pushed to power button and sometimes it beeps and comes on sometimes it just beeps, once I manage to get it on if I push it to turn it off it will sometimes turn on the pump or the awning light or the lights rather than turning it off I have tried a short press a long press but there is no consistency I can turn it on and off but it’s luck not judgement, any help would be much appreciated 

tony3d replied on 12/04/2020 13:02

Posted on 12/04/2020 13:02

I have this control panel and have had the same symptoms at different times over the last couple of years. 

Have found disconnecting then reconnecting the leisure battery using the cut off switch (located under drivers seat in my case) improves operation. 

Also unplugging and replugging the communication wire behind  the ne268 display panel and where it plugs into the fuse board (under front seat) improved matters. This was with cut off switch turned off.  

Might also be affected by leisure battery voltage. 

Just looking into permanent solution. 

tony3d replied on 12/04/2020 15:04

Posted on 12/04/2020 15:04

Removed ne268 panel.

Unscrewed printed circuit board. 

Exercising the press buttons by pressing and rolling round twenty times each. 

Appears to be working correctly now.

Will post update and photos later when moderator has given approval.

young thomas replied on 12/04/2020 19:06

Posted on 12/04/2020 19:06

dont have this panel so no direct experience, the Autotrail owners website might be able to help...

other brands (incl Swift and AS) are currently having problems with control panels linked to Sargent electrical systems, which might be what you have...

sometimes a fix is possible by removing the control panel and disconnecting the power cable for a few mins and then refitting, like a PC reboot...

Good luck.

tony3d replied on 13/04/2020 13:35

Posted on 13/04/2020 13:35

Solution of exercising the buttons is still working. 

The on off button was particularly stubborn. So dipped only that button in corner of PCB in meths and toggled button.

Now working better than when originally picked up van. 

gwinch replied on 29/05/2020 16:35

Posted on 29/05/2020 16:35

I have an Autocruise Oakmont (2008, pre-Swift). I started having problems similar to those reported a while ago. Tried lots of fixes but nothing worked for long. However, like above, I noticed a short term improvement whenever I removed and reinstalled the panel, disconnecting and reconnecting the communications lead along the way. My panel is connected to the rest of the system control boxes by an RJ45 type cable, similar to a computer data cable. Having exhausted other options, I took a closer look at the plugs on either end of the cable. Each of the RJ45 type connector plug terminals attaches to its respective cable core via thin "blade" that is pressed through the core insulation during the cable assembly to make the connection. Looking at the plug ends, I noticed that 3 of the 7 blades in my plug seemed to be less depressed than the others. Having disconnected both ends of the cable, I used a thin blade to push each of those 3 blades down, in turn, to the level of the others. There is  special tool that odes all at once if you can get hold of one.  I gave the other 4 a gentle push, for good measure also. Put it all back together and, hey presto, not had a problem since. I suspect that vibration and age generated a poor connection that was sufficient to stop it working as advertised. Might be worth a try. Keep Safe.

rayjsj replied on 30/05/2020 00:24

Posted on 30/05/2020 00:24

I have an Autotrail V Line, but my panel and the panel in my previous Autotrail Savannah have both been Sargent products, seems odd using two completely different manufacturers for what are usually just 'badge engineered' differences?

Or are the Tributes made elsewhere by Trigano ?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook