Autotrail 2013 Waste water tank

Youngbunch replied on 02/09/2017 20:00

Posted on 02/09/2017 20:00

the water full indicator comes on with very little water in it so I guess the indicator sensors are gunked up. 

1. Any recommendation for cleaning with fluid ?

2. There are 2 large caps underneath - does anyone know where the sensors are in relation to the near side or off side caps and I'll reach in, try and reach them to clean them ?

thanks 

replied on 03/09/2017 07:56

Posted on 03/09/2017 07:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 03/09/2017 08:09

Posted on 03/09/2017 08:09

on our bolero (not AT i know) the sensor was a group of four rods of differing lengths that were mounted at the top of the tank and each reached a different depth.....to signal to indocator panel.

the whole unit could be lifted out (a couple of screws holing it in place) and the rods could be cleaned away from the tank.

if you cant get at the 'measuring sensors' try DD's suggestion as above.

perhaps dropping a Lidl/Aldi washing gel pod in the tank every three empties will help keep it clean....these leave toilet cassettes speotless so shpuld work here too.

Youngbunch replied on 03/09/2017 08:28

Posted on 03/09/2017 08:28

Thanks.before getting under and dirty I'll try the fill it up using cleaner and drive. I have 300 miles of sloshing it around.

will post results in a couple of weeks

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook