Autosleeper TV

beverley12 replied on 01/05/2017 20:57

Posted on 01/05/2017 20:57

We have a TV - Avtex - we bought when we bought the van (Stanway). All was fine on our first 2 trips but on the last trip we could not get the tv to work. I keep thinking we must be doing something stupid?!?!

Any ideas of what we need to check please.

There seems to be no power. We tried plugging it in cigarette lighter in our car - would not work there either.

BlueVanMan replied on 01/05/2017 22:14

Posted on 01/05/2017 22:14

There is a small on/off rocker switch on the bottom (lower edge) which needs to be on I think if it is on it has a blue LED 

Our TV is also new but that is how I remember it. 

JayOutdoors replied on 03/05/2017 15:32

Posted on 03/05/2017 15:32

If you haven’t sorted this and as you say ‘There seems to be no power’ it may be worth phoning the place you bought the Autosleeper & TV from or post the question on the Autosleeper Forum.  Good luck.

beverley12 replied on 05/05/2017 18:08

Posted on 05/05/2017 18:08

We took van and tv back to dealer who showed us that at the end of the power cable where you plug the tv into the van socket, you can unscrew and that's where the fuse is and it had blown. Hope this is helpful for anyone else. 

I also looked up and registered in the auto sleeper forum - which until jayoutdoors mentioned didn't know existed. Thank you jayoutdoors. It is a very helpful, friendly and useful site. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook