Autosleeper Kemerton xl / Sargent EC480

D40David replied on 25/10/2017 19:27

Posted on 25/10/2017 19:27

I have just had my second sergent ec480 fail in less than 12 months. On both units the screen has gone blank so I cannot see tank levels and battery charge.

Anyone had a problem with these, I'm not sure the dealer sorted the issue last time, when we switch the panel off to travel all is fine, when we arrive on site the buttons work but the screen is blank.

It is getting a little frustrating on a van that's 18 months old especially as the dealer is90 miles away and it's not the only problem I have had!

JVB66 replied on 25/10/2017 23:05

Posted on 25/10/2017 23:05

Try contacting Autosleeper direct they are/were when we had one of theirs very helpful and have their own workshop,their are normally SAS motor caravans at Broadway cc site en route to their factory

young thomas replied on 26/10/2017 08:27

Posted on 26/10/2017 08:27

try contacting Sargent directly, they are more than happy to give technical help over the phone and to conduct 'real time' diagnostics while you are in the van.......

looking at Sargents web page, the EC480 Electronic Control Panel is only used by Auto Trail and Autosleepers.....i thought i didnt recognise it, our Boleros used much nicer (reliable?) ones.....

if it transpires you need a replacement, they will send it directly, no real need to get a dealer to do this job, swapping the unit over is simple....prise off the outside edge cover, unscrew the small screws holding the unit in place, ease off the unit and unplug the small connector...

unplugging the connector is also a know way of 'resetting' a unit that is playing up (like a computer reboot) perhaps you could try this and see if things improve.

otherwise, Sargent are one of the top companies for customer support and service, even contributing to some forums to assist with technical queries.

good luck.

InaD replied on 26/10/2017 22:56

Posted on 26/10/2017 22:56

We had a problem with our Sargent control panel, as it wasn't correctly calibrated.  Neither AS nor the dealer were particularly helpful, and fobbed us off.  So we tried Sargent.  What a difference, the person on the other end of the phone knew exactly what the problem was, and talked us through re-calibrating the control panel.  It's worked fine ever since.

Of course it should have been correctly calibrated in the first place, but that's another issue.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook