Autocruise Stardream Electrics

Cocksey replied on 27/06/2024 12:36

Posted on 27/06/2024 12:36

Hello all,

I have recently sold my caravan and bought my first motorhome, a Autocruise Stardream 2008.

I have searched high and low for the 240v RCD/MCB fuse board but to no avail.

I have found an Autocruise energy Management System behind the drivers seat, but I think this is just fir the 12v system. (photo attached)

If anyone knows where the 240v one is located, or indeed if it has one, I would very much appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Phill.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/06/2024 17:12

Posted on 27/06/2024 17:12

On a lot of caravans and motorhomes the 230v electrical control system is installed near where the 230v external connection socket is. If you can see (on the inside of the van) where the cable comes into the van it should just be a case of following the cable?

David

Cocksey replied on 27/06/2024 21:26

Posted on 27/06/2024 21:26

Hello David

thank you for your response, I had looked everywhere that you would think it would normally be but with no luck.

This afternoon I traced the inlet cable through the floor of the motorhome, along the chassis and back into the cab. It came up under the passenger seat. At the back of the passenger seat there is a plastic cover. I took that off to gain access under the seat and bingo, there it was.

A bit of a strange place to locate it I thought, and to get to if you needed to shut the electrics off in a hurry, but still at least it is there.

So if anyone else has an Autocruise Stardream 2008 and can't locate the 230v fuse board, look under the passenger seat.

Regards

Phill.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/06/2024 21:56

Posted on 27/06/2024 21:56

Phill

Glad you have managed to find it, as you say a strange place and equally strange routing of the power cable. My last two motorhomes the control unit was relatively near to where the power cable entered the van. In caravans I have owned they have sometimes been in the wardrobe but at least they were easy to find!

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook