Auto-Trail Cheyenne 740 S

Keithie replied on 02/11/2016 12:16

Posted on 02/11/2016 12:16

Hi All

We are going to look at this MH at the weekend after months of searching this one seems to suit or needs, however after reading various reports it would appear that there are some issues with the Fiat engine/chassis it is on a 2008 plate and has done 43,000 miles what should I be looking for and what questions should I be asking the sales person. All comments both positive and negative welcome.

Regards

RAFboy replied on 06/11/2016 13:19

Posted on 06/11/2016 13:19

Contrary to the earlier post, our 2008 Cheyenne 740s, which we/vet had for 3 years, has proven to be very reliable in terms of AT fixtures and fittings. Like most motor homes the problems often arise with the ancillary equipment. In our case it has been the Truma heating system. Two heating elements and a control board. These things are common to many motor homes, and so it would seem have my experiences. Have a look at the Out and About Live forum and search Truma (an excellent forum by the way).

I've not had the water leak onto the engine,, but can see how it happened on my previous van, an Autocruise on a Peugeot base vehicle, It may be that Fiat have a better method of diverting the water. 

Judder wise - no problem, possibly because my vehicle had the mod done - but do check.

So overall, if you're satisfied with the checks (damp etc) the go for it. The Cheyenne 740 is an excellent model from what is usually a good British manufacturer.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook