American RV new to touring

BigT64 replied on 14/01/2018 18:33

Posted on 14/01/2018 18:33

I have just bought an American 33ft Four Winds motorhome and being new to the touring idea joined here for support and tips. The goal is that we live in Scotland and winter is harsh so will head south and to Crete for the winter with our two dogs, I know that our new monster may be frowned upon by some but hope there are others on here with RV's and we can find reasonable RV camp parks and benefit from discounts here and abroad, the idea is to spend 4-5 months away and reduce our costs of living while also enjoying a simple touring life.... I must add I hope this is an RV friendly club 😂😎👍   

Thank you for reading.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/01/2018 20:17

Posted on 14/01/2018 20:17

BigT

I think your 10 metre long RV might struggle of some sites. The handbook does give details the maximum length of unit that can be accommodated but it does vary a lot from site to site. If you are borderline I think the best course of action would be to discuss direct with the site you wanted to visit.

Rather interestingly I did read that the Club were adding longer pitches to some of its sites so you might be in luck.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook