Alde overheat error

admiral halsey replied on 18/06/2019 16:06

Posted on 18/06/2019 16:06

Thanks for reading.

I recently changed the coolant fluid in our Bailey Approach 540 Alde heating system. The MH was tilted to facilitate bleeding, which appeared to go well as we had no issues in our first outing following the change. However, I am now getting a red overheat error on the 3010 display.

Having rooted around the net and youtube, I am advised that this is most likely an air lock. In the first instance the electric side of the boiler failed. This was resolved by a "reset" and removal of fuses on the boiler and the 12v feed. Unfortunately, the red overheat screen remains. 

I would like to resolve this without having to resort to my local service shop as they messed me around for months with a previous issue.

Words of wisdom please.

AH

viatorem replied on 18/06/2019 17:48

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:48

Did you bleed the system, especially the bathroom radiator? Try turning pump to max then bleed again

replied on 18/06/2019 17:51

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:51

Phone the very helpful people at Alde in Wellingborough for advice.

admiral halsey replied on 18/06/2019 18:02

Posted on 18/06/2019 18:02

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have gone through the bleed process, with the temp at 30  and pump max three times now. Plus three resets and fuse & 12v feed removal.

Cautious about using electric water heating, whilst error showing!

AH

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook