Advice on trackers

Nick Osborne replied on 16/12/2020 16:33

Posted on 16/12/2020 16:33

I’m renting out my motorhome so I want to fit a tracker. But it is only worth around £22,000 so I don’t think it needs a top-end one. I don't fully understand how trackers work, but I understand the top-end ones can cost a few hundred pounds to buy then up to £200 for a yearly live subscription. 

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable tracker that isn’t too expensive or require expensive annual subscription? 
Many thanks,

Nick

Tinwheeler replied on 16/12/2020 16:46

Posted on 16/12/2020 16:46

I’m a bit lost here. If your MH is rented out and travelling who knows where and you get an alert from the tracker company, how will you know if it's the hirer moving the van or whether it's been nicked?

I'd check with your insurers and see if they have a preference for a particular tracker as I bet your premium is sky high to cover the hired use and you might get a discount by fitting whatever is recommended.

SeasideBill replied on 16/12/2020 18:18

Posted on 16/12/2020 16:33 by Nick Osborne

I’m renting out my motorhome so I want to fit a tracker. But it is only worth around £22,000 so I don’t think it needs a top-end one. I don't fully understand how trackers work, but I understand the top-end ones can cost a few hundred pounds to buy then up to £200 for a yearly live subscription. 

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable tracker that isn’t too expensive or require expensive annual subscription? 
Many thanks,

Nick

Posted on 16/12/2020 18:18

Take a look at GPS Live a relatively low cost tracker service with an emphasis on fleet operators so lots of options to keep any eye on where your van is and how it’s being driven. I use the DB1-lite, about £60. East to fit yourself.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook